For the candied sweet potatoe, this is all I did!
- sliced two FAT sweet potatoes and peeled them
- added about a cup of water to a skillent and placed the slice potatoes in the water
- simmered the potatoes until soft
- added a couple tablespoons of butter to the hot water
- spinkled about 3/4 cup of brown sugar into the hot water all around the potatoes
- lightly sprinkled cinnamon on top of the slice potatoes
- simmer that mix until the liquid reduced to a thick syrup
- removed the pan from the heat and let it all sit for about thirty minutes before serving.