Saturday, January 19, 2013

What I enjoyed at Bennigan's in Daegu!

     I wanted to splurge, so I went to Daegu!  A man from Indonesia, now living in Waegwan, contacted me via. Google Plus.  He requested my friendship on Facebook.  I accepted, and we chatted, and decided to meet and enjoy dinner together.  

     I already had in mind that I wanted to go to either Outback or to Bennigan's.

     I enjoy Outback, but I am pleased that I went to Bennigan's and  enjoyed the ribeye meal I'm showing you here.


     
     Rice bowl salad, anyone?

     It was part of the meal, and I enjoyed it.  Yes, I ate a lot of bread at this meal!  On the next day, I lightened up.










     I avoid sweetened beverages as much as I can.  This meal included a beverage.  I asked the server if they had something not so sweet.  She recommended the tomato soda pictured above.  Not bad!  Refreshing, and not too sweet!

     Any questions about the above picture?


     My only disappointment, and it wasn't that big a deal, was that they were sold out of baked sweet potatoes (so early in the evening).  No problem, baked potato I got topped with sour cream and cheddar cheese was wonderful!

     A cup of coffee was included with the meal, and the staff there was very efficient about serving and removing empty dishes.  Altogether, the dining experience was delightful!



     After dinner, we walked back to Daegu Station where I boarded a train to return to Gumi.  He boarded a different train to return to Waegwan.

     It had been a few months since my last visit to this area of Daegu.  I didn't notice any big changes in the scenery.  Still, it was well lined with coffee shops, ice cream shops, restaurants, clothing shops, phone shops, and more.  Still, it was a place of choice for many to enjoy walking, talking, dining, and sipping with family and friends.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment