Thursday, January 30, 2014

I would call it a Chocolate Almond Brownie!


   I would call this a chocolate almond brownie!  I used about 2 oz. of baker's unsweetened dark chocolate, 2 sticks of unsalted butter, 1 cup of dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla, 3 eggs, 2 cups of a/p flour (mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and about 1 cup of chopped almonds.





   In a microwave oven, I melted the butter in a 2-cup measuring cup and added the chocolate (chopped into very small pieces) to the hot butter.  I stirred all that to make sure the chocolate melted.  Then, I poured it into my mixing bowl, added the sugars, and started mixing to cool it down before adding the eggs.





     I added the eggs one at a time plus the vanilla and almonds to the mix.  While I let the mixer thoroughly combine all that, I placed the flour, salt, and baking powder in the baking dish I used (no special reason for that other than I didn't want to mess up another dish).   At about this time, I turn the oven on to 325 degrees.






     Slowly, spoon by spoon, I added the flour-salt-baking powder mixture.  Once incorporated into the chocolate mix, I turned the mixer on to a faster speed and let it mix for about a minute to get it all fluffy.







     After putting the mixture into the baking dish, I placed it in the oven and let it bake for about 45 minutes at 325 degrees.  I tasted a slice after letting it cool down for about an hour.  YUM!










No comments:

Post a Comment