Saturday, January 18, 2014

Refrigerator Oatmeal. I never thought of it before!

     The other day, my first piano teacher (#Eileen Carver-Marsh), posted an idea about "Refrigerator Oatmeal."  I decided to give it a try, and I'm glad that I did.  I've found that it can be delightful and so easily tweaked to suit flavor and consistency preferences.  

     The way I've done it is this.  I've used mason jars.  I've measured 1 part old fashioned oats plus two parts canned cream.  I've shaken all that up in jars.  After that I've added stuff like raisins, dried cranberries, pecans (you get the idea), capped the jars with lids, shooken the mixes all up again, and placed them in the refrigerator to set over night (six hours or so).  The next morning, I've found the mixtures to be soft, cool, and delicious!

     One day I thought, "I wonder what it would taste like with dairy whipped cream on top?"  After all, butter is made from that!  Oh my!  Oh my!  What delight it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment