Monday, December 16, 2013

Mom asked me to make some chocolate chip cookies!
















Most cookie recipes I know follow a drill similar to this one:
  1. two sticks of unsalted real butter
  2. 1.5 cups sugar (usually they tell you to do half white and half brown sugar)
  3. couple teaspoons of vanila
  4. one egg (I used two)
Cream the above mixture, so that you end up with every ingredient well distributed and a sort of fluffly like mix.  I started with the mixer on low.  I gradually increased the speed, until I was satisfied with the mix.

After creaming, I placed the mix into a BIG mixing bowl, so that I would have plenty of room for stirring.  Then I started stirring in the chocolate chips and the flour.
  1. I used a pack of chocolate chips (I think the pack was 12 -16 oz.  Sometimes, I use M & M candy instead.  Sometimes I mix up some goodies and stir in about 2 cups of them.
  2. I stirred in about 1 cup of old fashioned oats (I love that stuff!)
  3. I used about 2 cups of self-rising flour.  I could have used a little more (maybe a half cup or so) and ended up with a cookie that kept it's shape while baking.  But, I chose to have cookies that would melt down and spead out a bit.
When I baked a pan full at 350, the cookies spread out more and took about 15 minutes to brown on the bottoms.  When I baked a pan full at 375, they didn't spread out as much and took about 12 minutes to brown on the bottoms.  

Altogether, I ended up with about 46 cookies, and I ate only three to "test for quality." (yea right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment