Friday, December 27, 2013

You'd see me doing this a lot where I live! Coffee?





















For this batch of bread:
  • about 2 cups of warm water
  • about 2 tablspoons of yeast
  • about 1/2 cup of sugar
  • about 1 teaspoon of salt
  • one egg
I used my electric mixer and mixed all that together before adding my bread flour.
  • I used my dough hook on the mixer, so it would knead as I added flour.
  • I added flour 1/3 cup at a time and mixed for about 1 minutes before each addition.
  • I kept adding flour until the dough was gathering on the dough hook and sticking less to the sides of the bowl.  The dough was still a little sticky to touch, but it was twisting and twisting and twisting on the dough hook.  I let it do the twist for about 15 minutes.
  • See that cake container.  I use that as a proofing chamber.  I put the dough in that, place the lid (well usually it's the bottom for cake) on it.  I placed the container of dough in a warm place (top of our family freezer).
  • After two hours in the proofing chamber, I punched all over the dough and let it rest a few minutes while I got the muffin tin ready (butter and flour).
  • I rolled the dough out flat, brushed butter all over the top, folded the dough in half, and rolled out flat again.  I repeated these steps two more times.
  • I cut the rolled out dough into two parts.
  • I rolled one of the parts into a log.
  • I cut the log into sections, and placed each section into the muffin tin.
  • I placed the muffin tin into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
  • I baked the rolls until they were light brown (about 20-25 minutes.
  • I removed the rolls from the oven and brushed the tops with melted butter.
What about the other half of the dough?






No comments:

Post a Comment